Skip to main content

Diaper Bouquet

 
Last spring I was invited to a baby shower and was so excited to finally be able to have a chance to make this! I had found a picture, on Pinterest most likely, but there were no instructions on how to make it. So I figured I'd give it a whirl! Here's how I did it.
 
You'll need:
A wide mouth vase
Gifts to go inside
Tulle (from a roll)
Cylinder shaped styrofoam
Diapers
Lollipop sticks
Ribbon
 
First, I went to the store and found a large mouth vase and the goodies I wanted to fill it with. A little tip on what goodies you pick: try to get things that are the same height or a few that can be stacked to have a flat top. Mine didn't so I rolled up a rectangle piece of heavy cardstock and put it on top of the box to make it level. Also, try not leave a good amount of space (2-3") for the styrofoam base of the bouquet.
 

To make the flower part of the bouquet I cut the lollipop sticks into a few different shorter lengths. I rolled the diapers up, wrapped the elastic around the diaper (close to one end not in the center) and then put the stick in the same end.  When I did this the second time I used sticks from a fruit arrangement I had received and they worked better because they had little ridges to help the diaper from slipping down the stick. You could also use hot glue to help them from sliding, but I wanted the diapers to be usable.

 
After you have some 'flowers' made start sticking them into the styrofoam cylinder starting from the center and working your way out. Before you put the bouquet in the vase take your tulle and wrap it around the gifts inside the vase. Next, wrap the styrofoam in tulle and put it into the vase.  Then cut small squares of tullle (4-5"), pinch them in the middle and shove them in between the 'flowers,' like you would do tissue in a gift bag.


Finally, tye a bow around the vase with your ribbon. :)


I love how this turned out! So cute!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Easy DIY Laundry Detergent

Recently, I decided to jump on the band wagon and make my own laundry detergent. I did this for two reasons. One; I was really tired of the liquid detergent I'd been using and the price it cost. Two; I had a wholesale club sized box of Oxi Clean sitting around that never got used and was an ingredient in the 'recipe' I found.  I also knew that if I made my own detergent I really didn't want to cook and do the liquid route. So I found this posting with a recipe for dry, powder detergent that seemed very doable. I changed the recipe a little because I couldn't find Zote bars, but I found Fels Naptha bars, which are actually smaller than Zote, so I had to accommodate for that.   So, I've been using it now for a month or so and I love it! I found all the ingredients in the laundry aisle at Walmart. It was all near each other, but low on the shelves and most of the time, all the way in the back of the shelf. Here's the recipe that I used, adapted from th

100th Day of School

It happened, my sweet 5 year old has been in school 100 days. It seems impossible! So, before I start gushing over where time went and how it happened so fast, I will gather my self and tell you what we planned for the 100th day of school.  If you haven't had a kiddo involved in the 100th day of school they are asked to bring in 100 of something. It can be anything, as long as it fits in their book bag. Derek's first choice was pennies. He continually told me that he wanted to do pennies despite my futile attempts to convince him otherwise. However, by day 97 I had begun to plant the seeds of "Are you sure that's what you want to take?" and "I'm afraid everyone else will have the same thing." and my personal favorite "How about we put 100 stickers on your clothes?"  All I can say is thank goodness he didn't pick the stickers, we would have been very late to school!  So on day 97, we were getting ready to leave Gramma's house when D